Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Can't anyone have a two week trist anymore?

I had a love affair.

It was great. It didn't last. We ended things after two weeks. We still remain friends. 

People can't seem to handle this here. Relationships are supposed to be a serious deal. I was supposed to have DTR-ed three times at this point and taken a trip to the temple to talk about our future. However, just when they were getting used to the idea of me having a boyfriend we ended things. This confuses people. And thus, I have had to explain. Over and over and over again. 

The telling and re-telling of the whys and hows and whens of the breakup has been more difficult and exhausting than the actual break up itself. 

Perhaps, I should just take my friend's advice and when someone asks me about it, just tell them: 

"We broke up. It's alright though, we still occasionally make love."

I think that will shut them up. For a while at least. 

Welcome to my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment